Friday, May 13, 2011

Notable Quotes - Erik (a little x-rated)

1) Finding cute ways to fix Lainey's hair is a bit daunting to me.  I want her to look cute but am not real talented in the hair department.  After I did her hair one morning Erik came in the room and started giggling to himself.  When I asked him what was funny he said, "Mommy!  You gave Lainey horns.  You turned Lainey into a goat."  Oh boy! 

2) Erik has always been fairly obsessed with his penis. I know this is fairly common for little boys (and men) but it makes me a little uncomfortable.  He knows his penis is private.  Today, before getting dressed he was laying on the couch naked and went to grab his penis.  I gently reminded him that that is private and the living room is not a private place.  He looked up at me and said, "But mom, I like to bend my penis up to keep it off of my penis. . . .tank!"  I laughed out loud.  He got dressed and went about his day.  Boys!  I wonder how soon that topic will make him blush?!  Clearly he is not at bashful at this point.