Sunday, October 3, 2010

Funk

I am in a funk - finding it hard to feel really happy about life at the moment.  Here is why....


1- Terri and Austin losing Jake

2- A good friend just had a second miscarriage

3- Our house is still for sale with no guarantee it will sell and for sure we will lose 75K but could easily be more

4-We are moving in 2-3 weeks but nothing is set up yet.  We can't arrange the movers yet because we are still waiting on the military to process some paper work.  Closing is in 12 days though and Victor starts working down there in 3 weeks. Not much time to arrange everything.  Generally the movers require a minimum of 3 weeks notice.  If this is the case we will be left paying for 3 houses for a short time and I will be in charge of the move and my 2 kids as Victor won't have time off at his new job yet.  That does not sound fun to me.

5- Another good friend of mine has been diagnosed with a rare and very serious health condition.  She is also a young mom with a 1 and 3 year old.

6- I still don't feel good.  It started 3 weeks ago with a presumed GI bug and still hasn't gone away.  About 1/2 the time I feel pretty good but a lot of days I have crampy stomach aches, nausea, and diarrhea.  This is leaving me just feeling tired and making it difficult to a productive mom and wife.  I am going to ask the Dr. if he thinks taking a probiotic might be helpful (and safe) as in addition to the original GI virus I was also on antibiotics for a UTI recently.

7- We are moving.  We think this is the best thing in the long run but it still means we have to start over -- new friends, new home, new grocery store, church, doctors, schools, neighbors, etc.  I will miss a lot of people when we move.

8-- Household stress -- all of the above things has increased the tension levels in our household which is just frustrating.  We are working on dealing with things together rather than getting crabby at each other but we aren't always successful. 


Anyway -- I never for a moment forget how much I have to be grateful for but am still having a tough time dealing with all the concerns above and still feeling happy and smiley.  Thanks for "listening" to me grumble it sometimes makes me feel better to just write it out.

2 comments:

mom2three said...

Sorry, Ann. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

Elizabeth said...

BUT! you get to hang out with ME on monday!!!

:) liz