Monday, October 25, 2010

We survived!

Well moving week is over.  I am really tired and have a nasty cold so I am not going to do a long update but here are a few basics from our move....

-- Last Monday-Wednesday (3 days!!) the movers were at our Alexandria house packing everything into boxes and loading it all onto a truck

--  Wednesday evening Erik and Victor drove to our new home in southern maryland (SOMD) and spent the night "camping" in the living room of our new, vacant house

-- Wednesday evening Lainey and I "slept" in a hotel in Alexandria -->  Lainey was not happy about being put in a pack and play so around 10:30 (after short crying episodes every 30 minutes) I went to bed and brought her in with me.  She woke up crying at midnight.  We were awake for about 30 minutes.  She woke up again at 4:30 am when she fell out of the bed.  Sorry baby!  She wasn't hurt but was awake for the day.

-- Thursday at 7:30 I met the carpet cleaners/house cleaners at our Alexandria house.  They did a great job and were there until around 11:30.

-- While the carpet cleaners were at the house Lainey and I met up with Sonja, Jamison, Hanna, and Zack who were all in town.  It was nice out so we spent some time at the park.  It was great to see you all!  Good luck on your move to Mozambique Hanna and Zack!

-- Thursday late morning through late evening the movers were at the SOMD house unloading all of our stuff.

-- Friday - Sunday a mad rush to unpack boxes, install ceiling fans, organize, etc.  Plus a trip up to NOVA (northern va) on Sunday for the marriage class we are taking at church (only 2 more weeks left).


Overall Thoughts....


The process was pretty smooth.  So far the kids have adjusted well -- although sleeping has been a little disrupted.  Not too bad.

The area/our neighborhood is SO beautiful and quiet.  It is very heavily forested and our neighborhood is the last one on the main road before it dead ends at the elementary school. 

The house is great.  I forgot how enjoyable it is to live in a house that you own.  It is a good feeling.  I have met a few neighbors all who seem nice.  I am very hopeful that I will make some new friends quickly.

We spent the morning at the library -- it is really beautiful and have TONS of kids activities/story hours which is neat.

Victor started orientation at work today so back to a more normal life.

Anyway -- we made it through the big move and now are looking forward to creating a life down here in southern Maryland.

I'll update with photos when I can find my camera cord!

3 comments:

Austin & Terri said...

That's great that the move seemed to go well. I hope you love your new house and neighborhood!

Kristal said...

How wonderful that it's over! Now you just need to feel better!

Julie said...

Glad things went well and that you have a nice new neighborhood. Can't wait to hear more about it!