Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

We have had a fun, busy week! We went to Wisconsin over thanksgiving and were able to spend time with my three brothers and parents in addition to a number of great friends. It was a really nice trip.

Highlights from the trip from Erik's perspective....

Feeding Lynx and Maggie
Playing with Grandma and Papa's digger in the sandbox
Baking bread with Grandma
Trip to the farm with Grandpa/Papa
Playing pool with Daron, Kevin, and Colin
Climbing on Grandpa's tractor
Eating dessert whenever I wanted
Getting to sleep in bed with Mommy most nights
Sleeping in Eli's lightening McQueen bed
Flying on a big airplane and eating cookies


Highlights of the trip from Mommy's perspective....

Lots of good food to eat that I didn't have to cook
Playing cards with my family and poker with my friends
Long walks in fresh country air (although I did have to wear a super ugly bright orange vest to avoid being mistaken for a deer and shot)
Watching my parents and brothers interact with my kids
Getting a break from being the sole child care provider for 13 hours a day
Tylenol with codeine (helped me sleep when I had a hacking cough)
Seeing joy on my child's face as he soaked up all the attention from his grandparents and uncles
Great friends who go out of their way to see us when we are home

Not so good moments....

Cold and coughs for everyone -- Lainey went with an ear infection and Erik came home with one
Erik breaking out in hives (only a few) after eating a brownie with Pecans -- his allergies have now been expanded from Walnuts to all tree nuts. Good thing we still had Claritin with us.
Lainey needing to sleep on the couch with Victor. This seems to have been because she wanted to be swaddled again (we stopped that in early November).


Here are a few photos....



Erik's new love: Lynx

Erik called both Daron and Colin -- Uncle Colin until the last day

Uncle Colin Squared

Putting Lainey in the backpack for the first time was a challenge
We conquered it though and she spent quite a few hours riding on my mom's back.

Cute Lainey with my Dad prior to the morning's shower and coffee!

Pretty baby girl!

Erik driving Papa's tractor

Erik loved the digger in the sandbox. My parents have had this for probably 20 years. It was a gift from my Grandma Baker (GG) for Kevin and Colin. It still works!


Uncle Kevin was there but I don't have any photos of him on my camera! I will try to round some up for a future post -- hint,hint (mom and dad)!

1 comment:

Julie said...

So glad you had such a great time. You make me wish I could've been there too!