Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

They warned us that it might blizzard this weekend. I didn't believe that we would get more than 4-5 inches but Victor thought it smelled like snow. Victor was right. It started snowing at 9 pm yesterday and 24 hours later it is still snowing. So far there is about 23-24 inches on the ground.

I have shoveled our driveway and sidewalks 3 times. Victor did offer but I wanted to do it. We will see how my arms work tomorrow.

It is really beautiful snow and not too cold (around 30 degrees) so it was fun to play outside today. Lainey cooperated and took a 2 hour nap this morning so Victor, Erik, and I could all be outside together (we didn't leave the yard and had the monitor in the garage). Erik really seemed to enjoy the snow a lot this year. He threw snowballs at Victor, jumped into the snow, and slid on a sled down our street. Very cute!

It never snows like this in DC. I think, according to www.weather.com, that this is the most snow the region has ever gotten. Everything is shut down. We were supposed to go downtown tonight for a nice dinner out and to here the National Symphony Orchestra/The Washington Chorus perform the Messiah but it was canceled. Oh well. At least we got our money back.



Cute boy buried in the snow

Snow accumulation at 11:00 am

Recovering with mint hot chocolate and marshmallows

Snow accumulation at 4 pm was 18 inches
It has continued to snow. At 8 pm I shoveled for the last time.
I would guess we have gotten 23 inches of snow
or so and it is still snowing!

A glimpse of our street

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Great pictures! I love the one of Erik sitting in the snow!