Friday, September 25, 2009

Tired


I am worn out

This has been a long, busy, not so fun week. Erik has a cold which he graciously shared with me. Two of our three toilets broke -- one was leaking into the garage. Grout around a the shower tile came loose so now Victor has to get ready in Erik's bathroom. Erik has woken up 4 mornings this week before Victor left for work (6 am). Erik has whined. A lot! He does that when he doesn't feel well. Lainey is growing. She has outgrown her dose of Zantac. She has outgrown her new dose of Zantac. What does that mean? I have a puking, fussy baby who isn't sleeping as well as normal in addition to a whiny toddler in addition to a cold in addition to broken toilets and showers.

I am waiting

Last weekend, we were supposed to go on our first date in four months but our sitter canceled on us when I told her Erik had a cold. I really needed to go on a date. This week I e-mailed many strangers from the internet to see if they want to watch my kids. I met a woman who seems great -- someone my age, someone who wants to babysit (for $15 an hour). I am waiting to hear back from her about sitting this weekend. I am waiting for the plumber to fix our toilets. I am waiting for our landlord to decide what he wants to do about the shower.

I am blessed

Despite all my complaints, I know I have a great life. I am thankful that my complaints are so minor compared to what other people are dealing with. I am not looking for sympathy I just had nothing else to blog about because these are the thoughts that have been consuming me this week.

I am hopeful

For working toilets and showers.
That Erik might actually stay sleeping while the plumber installs our toilets.
For a sleeping baby.
For a date. Soon. With my husband.


2 comments:

Kristal said...

I love that post. I don't have broken toilets, but I've had pretty much the same week!

Julie said...

Good post. Imagine how great things will seem when you're not waiting for them anymore! Hope you're having a refreshing weekend.