Friday, September 11, 2009

Preschool

Erik had his first full day of preschool today. He had no problem when I dropped him off -- just walked on in and started playing. There was even a girl screaming really loudly. I thought it might upset him but he just glared at her instead.

When I picked him up he was doing well but started crying when he couldn't get to me immediately. His teacher said that he did well except during transition periods. He was sad when they went to the music room and again when they left that room. He perked back up when they read him a book.

I made some cupcakes for his birthday and left my camera with the teachers. Here are some photos from his birthday celebration at school.




He is busy eating his cupcake but not looking very happy. I hate that he was a little sad today. Hopefully, it will only take a week or two for him to transition. He has been talking positively about school this afternoon.Aren't the nine 2 year old kids cute sitting at their tables for snack?

Side note:
It was pouring on the way to school today. Erik said, " Mommy, the rain is falling from the clouds." I thought that was a pretty impressive thought process.

Erik has also been using the phrase, " Oh, dear!" which I just find comical.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

How long is his school day? Does he go three days a week?