Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday!


Erik, James, Katie, Cullen


We had Erik's birthday party with his friends today. It was a lot of fun! His favorite thing right now is trucks, cars, etc. So I threw him a construction party. The internet is great for shopping sometimes. I was able to find road signs, cone shaped cups and hats, truck gift boxes, a great cake idea, etc. All of this without having to drag the kids from place to place. The kids seemed to have a great time and so did I.
Erik with a cone cup. When I ask him to look up
at the camera this is what I get. :)



For food I made an egg bake, pancakes (with eggs), fruit salad, bacon. All easy and tasty -- it is so nice to be able make foods with eggs in it now.

For the cake I just made a dirt cake and put in in the back of Erik's favorite dump truck. Cute and easy!

Our guests were all the kids (except for Sean who was sick) from playgroup. They are a fun group of kids-- I am so thankful to know them.

Here are some photos from our fun day....



Katie


Erik
He LOVES his garbage truck.
He played with it for 45 minutes before falling asleep at his nap today.

James

1 comment:

The Kruepkes said...

Love the dirt cake in a dump truck idea - how creative (and not mention great job thinking of something relatively easy so it's not a burden on you!!!) Glad Erik had such a nice birthday. Hope you all are doing well.