Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lainey Is 3!

My sweet girl turned 3 this week!   Victor was able to take off of work for her birthday.  We didn't do anything too big but let her open her big presents - a doll house and new princess bike.  We went out to eat as a family and spent the evening at a local beach.

Today we had her long-awaited Olivia Birthday Party!!  She has been talking about it for a month!

I kept the party small and girl's only (with one big brother as the exception so Erik had a buddy present).  I read them the original Olivia book.  Then the kids played an Olivia version of musical chairs, painted a mural (outside on the deck), played in the bounce house, and of course ate cake!

The kids all played nicely together (although Erik was naughty off and on throughout the party, jealous of all the attention and some trouble with being bossy - very irritating and a bit embarrassing).  I really enjoy all the kids and moms that came so we had a nice time.

Victor said afterward, " Maybe this was the start of a playgroup?"  I might pursue that as it would be nice to have a group of friends that I meet with regularly like I had in DC.

Here are a few photos from her big day.....

Sweet Girl, she wouldn't smile for me though!

Olivia Cake - I did NOT make this!

Olivia shirt - I LOVE etsy!

Waiting for the next set of friends to arrive


Ainsley - likes the shop and talk on her phone!



Olivia Book

Reagan

Abby and Lainey

Cake Time

Still no smile! 

Lainey did have a great time at her party! 
I just love this sweet girl!
It seems impossible that she is 3 already, guess I need to stop calling her my "baby girl!"

1 comment:

Austin & Terri said...

Happy birthday Lainey! Love that girl's sassy-ness :) P.S. Who is this "Olivia" character I've never heard of?