Sunday, November 20, 2011

Food Challenge: Week 2 results

Well, I survived.  It was actually harder than I thought it would be.  I am still craving diet coke which surprises me!  I do like tea and it substitutes the caffeine okay but doesn't make up for the actual diet coke. Oh well!

I am not sure what I will do regarding diet coke consumption in the long run.  I do know I won't buy it for the house again but I haven't decided whether or not I will drink it on occasion when at parties or out to eat.

This is our "free week" with no rules but I am still planning on sticking to the beverage rules (water, milk, tea, coffee).  I can't say Victor has the same plan.

The kids did fine with this!  I had been sending Erik to school with a juice box 1-2x a week but stopped this a month ago. Instead, I have sent with with a glass and swirly straw.  He refuses to drink out of it and tells me he isn't thirsty.  Ha!  He hasn't really complained about the lack of juice but clearly misses it a bit. 

I should mention that Lainey still drinks Almond milk rather than cows milk as cows milk has always upset her stomach.  I am not ready to try switching her over yet.

1 comment:

mom2three said...

Kodus to you for giving up soda!!!! Awesome :o)