Friday, October 28, 2011

Sick Kids again

Erik, Lainey, and Carson have all had colds since Monday.  I have had one for the past couple days.  Victor, as usual, is healthy.  Poor, poor Carson has had a lot of trouble with wheezing and coughing again.  Sleep has been quite limited. He has had a low grade fever since last night as well. 

I started him on Albuterol again a couple days ago with little improvement.  Yesterday, his left ear appeared to be red as well. 

So we went back to the pediatrician again today.  He is concerned about the fact he has really been wheezing most of the past 6 weeks.  We are starting him on Budesonide nebulizers (steroid) 3 times a day.  We will follow up in a week. 

As for his ear, the doctor kind of hemmed and hawed about whether or not to treat.  He mentioned it being red (I didn't tell him I look at it myself) but his tympanometry is normal at this point so we are going to wait and see.  Hopefully, it will clear on his own.  If not, I will have to make an extra trip to the doctor. :(

He is still 19 pounds (50%) for his weight so no weight gain during the past 7 weeks although he did regain the weight he lost with his last respiratory illness. 

I'm sure Carson will be okay.  I am quite exhausted (so is Victor) though and a little sad that my poor baby is struggling again.

No comments: