Friday, January 1, 2010

Fit Fridays!

I was originally going to call this "Free from Flab Fridays" but I didn't want to appear too neurotic as I know I don't have a ton of flab. I also don't have a ton of muscle and the muscle that is there is slightly hidden under a layer of loose skin. I am not sure if I should blame the loose skin on 2 back to back babies or the impending 3-0 but either way I want it gone!

I have been going to the gym about 6 days a week for many years now. My workouts consist of 60-70 minutes of intense cardio and not much else. This was no longer cutting it (muscles are still hiding under loose skin) and I am frustrated since I put a lot of effort into staying fit and wasn't getting the results I wanted.

So I decided I wanted to hire a personal trainer to teach me how to incorporate weights into my workout. This is fairly expensive though so before going down that avenue I am going to complete the p90x extreme home fitness program.

I am going to post my update every Friday -- with stats and a photo on days 30,60, and 90.

I am on day 4 so far and they have been tough! It is weird not going to the gym but my body is sore so I think it must be working.

Here are my before photos and stats.....


Weight: Day 1: 139.5
Day 4: 138
Chest: 35
Waist: 28
Hips: 36
Right Thigh: 19.75
Left Thigh: 19.75
Right arm: 10.75
Left arm: 10.75

Goals:
Get back to my base weight of 135-136 on a consistent basis
Define my ab muscles
Loose a small about of loose skin off of my hips and abs

Do you want to join me?! I would love a partner in crime to hold me accountable! If not, what other New Years Resolutions do you have this year?

2 comments:

mom2three said...

You look plenty fit to me!!!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! You were really smart for writing your goals down and putting them on the internet. It's the most potent psychological thing you can do to accomplish something!