Saturday, May 30, 2009

Nesting


I have definitely felt the need to get the house prepared for baby girl. This has included shopping for last minute things, organizing clothes, cleaning out the fridge and freezer, etc. I am happy to say we have most of the important things done and are just about prepared to welcome baby girl into our family.

Two weeks ago a woman came and painted a mural for baby girl. She also painted her name above the changing table. I love it!! I will be sad to leave it behind when we move in a couple of years.

Here are some photos of the nursery and nesting efforts.....


While cleaning the fridge was on my list -- grocery shopping hasn't been. :)



Our generous neighbors have lent us all the clothes their 10 month old daughter has outgrown. The clothes hanging up are all 0-3 months. The 3 boxes below contain 3-9 month old outfits. Needless to say this girl won't be under dressed!

Victor painted the walls pink. It was a little shocking. I love the how the room turned out!

Name hint!!! As I said we had her name painted on the opposite wall. Although, her name will remain secret -- those who like to guess, may be happy to know there is an "n" in it somewhere. And no, it is not Gwen. :) Good luck!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Looks adorable! How about Nelly? ;)

Ashley Williams said...

That room is so cute ann! :)

mom2mlg said...

I love the nursery! That will be hard to leave one day. Our fridge looks about like that too (but not quite as clean) right now - maybe I should take care of that today...

Glad to hear that you have settled on a name enough to have it painted on a wall. We have it down to two, but I think I am going to have to see him before making the final decision.

Hope Erik feels better soon.

Nicki said...

Is it Nicole? Yah, what a compliment to my wife!

The Kruepkes said...

So it is Sven! Yeah, I know it's a girl, but if it's not Gwen, then Sven is the only name left...Adorable nursery by the way.

Elizabeth said...

Alison!

no, i have no idea. i don't know where that name came from. :)
--liz

Kristal said...

What an amazing room! I love the flowers. I can't believe you teased us so much with the name. I'm very irritated with you. By the way, I don't think my fridge was that clean the day we moved in!!