Thursday, June 4, 2009

36 weeks


One more week and I will officially be full term! Yay! Baby is doing well. At this weeks appointment I measured 34 1/2 cm. I am still 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. I know that I was 3 cm dilated at 37 weeks with Erik --- I am hoping for some progress this week. However, I have felt for a long time that this little girl is content to stay where she is for a while. Weight gain is about 23 pounds. Very similar to what it was with Erik.

I had a tough week but am feeling somewhat better now. Tuesday I had a bad headache and abdominal pain all day. I called the doctor and he moved my appointment up a day. Yesterday, he checked baby and me out thoroughly. My placenta (via ultrasound) looked healthy, fluid levels were okay (11 -- low end of normal), baby's heart rate was normal and responsive (on a non-stress test). My blood pressure had been mildly elevated (137/88) for two visits in a row though so he had me come back this morning. I am happy to say that today my blood pressure was 120/76, which is normal. My abdominal pain is much better. I still have a headache but the doctor is not worried at all. Phew!

I am hoping to start feeling like myself again soon otherwise the end of this pregnancy is not going to be very fun.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

You still look great, but I hope you start to feel closer to great. The end of pregnancies can be really rough.