Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Erik and I eating breakfast in bed. This is what I look like
when I just get up. Not real pretty - oh well!

I hope that everyone is having a great Mother's Day. I have to say out of all the holidays -- Christmas, Birthdays, Valentine's Day, Anniversary -- Victor is the best at celebrating Mother's Day. He knows how to make me feel loved and special on Mother's Day. :)

Here is how he did it this year. Yesterday, I got to go to the spa for a massage. After that I wandered around Old Town Alexandria by myself -- shopping for books and a few more maternity shirts to get me through the last 7 weeks.

This morning I slept in until 9 am. Victor and Erik made me pancakes with a side of strawberries which I shared with Erik while still in bed. I also got two boquets of flowers -- one from Victor and one that Erik actually picked out himself at Trader Joes.

I had requested a "Mother's bracelet" which is now on my wrist. Victor also bought a book for me about the mother-daughter bond/relationship which was from baby girl. Very nice!

The weather is perfect today!! We were going to go to a park and rent a row boat and then go out to dinner (Victor had the reservations made already). Unfortanately, Erik is sick! So -- we won't be going out anywhere. He has had a fever for 24 hours. He has refused to eat anything except for a pancake this am. He fell asleep in my arms at 10:30 this morning which is about 1 1/2 hours before he would normally take a nap. Poor guy!

Being a mother is really a wonderful present just by itself! I am looking forward to meeting my daughter soon and am so thankful for my sweet son. The day of recognition is really just icing on the cake.

I hope that everyone who is a mother is enjoying their special day!



These are the beautiful flowers that Erik picked out! Aren't they nice? Victor said he pointed to many different boquets asking Erik if wanted to get me those -- he kept saying no until he got to this boquet. Good job picking baby boy!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Awwwww! What a sweet day you had. And, by the way, you do look cute in the morning! Very natural! (I look the same way, so let's say it's cute and natural!)