Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mr. Kyle

Kyle is a funny baby!

I have been sick for the past 10 days - cold turned pneumonia (mild).  I started myself on antibiotics after it settled into my chest and quickly improved after that.  Because I was sick, there has been a fairly large supply of cough drops.

Kyle knows he isn't supposed to have these but thought he would try one anyway.
There are multiple kinds - ranging from tolerable to completely awful.
He grabbed one from the completely awful category.

I saw he had something in his hand, asked him "Kyle, what do you have?"
He yelled, with his hand in the air, "STOP!" and ran off as fast as he could!

I trailed behind him, realizing it was a cough drop.
Thinking this might be a good lesson for him, I decided not to take it, but did offer up the warning that he had a cough drop and it was "yucky!"  I asked him to give it to me.

He franctically shook his head and popped it in his mouth.
I chuckled and shook my head back at him.

About 30 seconds later, he bit into the tolerable portion, releasing the completely awful syrup inside.
He immediately started crying and scraping the cough drop/syrup off of his tongue frantically.

Trying not to laugh, I looked at him and said, "I'm sorry buddy.  That's yucky isn't it."
He looked up at me and scowled.
I picked up the pieces he had scraped off his tongue, handed them back to him, and asked if he wanted to put them in the trash.

He ran, fast as his chubby legs will go, and got rid of that awful thing.
I haven't caught him with another cough drop since.
 Haha!


 My Kyle
"Rascal!"


No comments: