Thursday, April 2, 2015

Kyle - 19 months (And a new 'do for my dude)

My sassy little baby is 19 months old!

He is still a spunky little fellow.

He is very attached to me and when he doesn't have my full attention he lets me know how upsetting that is to him.   He does a lot better during the school days, when it is just him home or him and Carson.  

When all 4 kids are home and I am busy trying to help with homework, get snacks, breakfast for all four, packing backpacks, etc. he doesn't like that very much.  His method of letting me know he is upset still consists of very (very) loud crying and screaming.

I think he is partially bothered by lack of attention on him and partially bothered by the fairly intense noise level when all four are home!  I have found that stopping what I am doing and spending 10 minutes solely focused on him helps him regroup.  That's not always possible, so when he is throwing a fit, and won't calm down when I pick him up (and try to continue my tasks) he then gets to spend 10 minutes in the pack and play with his "plug."   That works pretty well too.

He loves to be outside though and is always happy and content when outdoors.  Thankfully, it's been really nice outside so we've been able to spend a lot of time outdoors lately.   Also, the gate on our deck has a lock, so he is able to go out on the deck by himself which is nice too.

Kyle is a great eater and eats a wide range of foods without complaint.  He sleeps fairly well.  To be honest, he wakes at least once most nights, but if he cries less than 10-15 minutes, he gets ignored.  90% of the time, he gets himself back to sleep. 

He is a good talker and his vocabulary continues to expand.  I have heard him say all of our names, including Kyle at least once which is cute! I have heard him put 2 words together a number of times too although that's hard to understand. 

He loves our kitty that likely needs a new home (yes, I'm waffling again as the kitty didn't bother Erik today, and I overheard Erik telling Potter that he loves him).

Anyway, our rockstar little boy has wild, crazy hair.  It has multiple cowlicks and just goes everywhere (Thanks to his Dad's genes!).  Since he has a rockstar personality too (meaning he has quite an edge to him) I figured he could handle a mo-hawk.  A friend pointed that out to me today too, so we went for it, and I love it.

(Side note: I texted Victor and told him that we had a surprise for him when he got home.  He said, "A dog?!"  I responded, " How did you guess?!" And he said, "Really?!"   I do have a tendency to be a bit impulsive but I promise I'd clear that with him first.  Ha!











No comments: