Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snow Day, or I should say week!

During our RSV adventure it decided to snow 4 inches.  Not only did it snow, it stayed "cold" so the snow stuck around.  This is fairly unusual for our area and always results in a ridiculous amount of school cancellations.  This week may have won out as most ridiculous cancellations ever (at least in the 7 winters I've lived in the DC area). 

So ridiculous that my kids haven't been to school in 10 days.  Yep.  10 days!  There was a planned four day weekend (Friday-Monday) but then they cancelled four more days of school due to the snow storm.  Tuesday was canceled due to snow anticipation.  It didn't start snowing until 3 PM but that was too risky, so no school that day.  (Talk about a LOT of disappointed kids waiting for the snow.)  The snow did show up thankfully which resulted in no school on Wednesday.

Apparently I am somewhat naive because I was surprised when school was again cancelled Thursday.  Realizing I forgot how finicky MD is when it comes to snow and how looooong it takes them to clear the roads I refused to be surprised when school was canceled again Friday.

The school system actually called our house again tonight (Sunday).  Why?  To remind everyone that school would be starting on time tomorrow.  Hahaha!

Erik is my WI kid at heart.  He has played outside for approx 16-18 hours this week.  I managed to go sledding with him twice which was fun.  I do not miss the cold WI winters (especially this year as it's been below zero for almost 6 weeks) but I do miss the snow.

Here are some fun photos my neighbor took today...



No comments: