Sunday, June 2, 2013

Baby #4 - 24 weeks

24 weeks down, 14 to go (I hope)!  
All 3 of his siblings arrived at 38 weeks so I'm hoping, praying, expecting him to too! 
We'll see!


That being said, this pregnancy is still quite easy.
I'm more tired than normal but I also think we've been really busy so I 'm
not sure the pregnancy is entirely to blame.

(For example, yesterday we had an 8:30 soccer game,  afterwards we stopped at a design center to pick out a fixture for the basement bathroom. Then I took two kids to the gym and ran 6 miles while Victor went home and did some cleaning, raced home and took a quick shower, ate a quick lunch then Lainey and I went to the farmer's market and grocery shopping.  Raced home again and laid on the couch for 45 minutes while Victor unloaded the groceries.  We then all went to a birthday party and then headed to the pool for an hour of swimming before coming home for showers, dinner, and bedtime.  Phew! So it might not be the pregnancy making me tired. Ha!)

I have some annoying varicose veins on my right thigh although they aren't super visible, which is good  because they are HUGE (hopefully they stay hidden).  

I've still been running fine, 20-22 miles a week usually. 
My goal now is to keep that up until the third trimester which is only 3 weeks away so it should
be fine, assuming nothing big changes between now and then.

I have some heartburn and take meds about 3-4 days a week for that.

Baby is pretty active although admittedly when I am up and busy I don't notice him that much.
He is always busy flopping around when I lay down.

I continue to crave crab cakes which has actually expanded onto other sea food.
This is so odd because I have pretty much hated all seafood for 33 years. Ha!
I also really crave salad and vegetables and have eaten a lot of them since the start
of this pregnancy.  

I've gained 7-8 pounds and am growing slowly.

The heat is kicking in and has been about 90 degrees for the past 4-5 days.
Thankfully it just comes in waves and will be in the 70's all next week.

We are finishing our basement and won't really be able to re-organize the kids rooms
or get anything ready for the baby until that's done (all our stuff is crammed in the garage currently).  So hopefully by July we will start figuring out sleeping arrangements for all 4 kids. Ha!

I'm so thankful that this pregnancy has been the easiest one since it would be 
very difficult to be super sick or uncomfortable with three tiny tots running around.


Normal shirt (above)
Shirt pulled tight (below) 


For comparison:
25 weeks pregnant with Carson - baby #3
I only have 21 and 27 weeks with Lainey and
don't have easy access to pregnancy photos from Erik

No comments: