Friday, May 11, 2012

Carson - 14 months

Carson continues to be delightful!

This month I spent 12 days in California.
When I got back it seemed to take about 18 hours before he stopped looking at me warily. 
Now he is back to normal and doesn't seemed traumatized in anyway by me having been gone so long.

Photos by Ingrid Kaslik


Some of my favorite things about Carson at 14 months...

1) His big cheesy grin.  

Carson loves to make us laugh and frequently flashes full face grins at us throughout the day.  

2) His tender heart!

Carson is a big snuggler.  
He loves to lay his head on your shoulder and tuck his arms under his body.
He is sweet and affectionate with everyone.
He often walks up to complete strangers and if they pick him up or they happen to be seated he always gives them a hug and lays his head on their chest.  Most people love this, occasionally they seem shocked or almost uncomfortable.

3) His sass!

Carson and Lainey have a love/hate relationship.
He loves to be around her.
If he can find a way to bust into her room while she is asleep, he does.
If he gets in her room I always find him standing up in the middle of her bed grinning away!
Lainey is pretty generous with her blankies and toys but still more possessive than she would be if she were a little older.  Carson knows this and seems to enjoy getting a reaction out of her.
If she is unwilling to give up a toy/blanket/food he stands his ground and fights for it!
He also runs away from me if he knows I am going to change his diaper or take him inside.
Ha!

Poor Lainey was sitting in a wet spot and not happy about it!


4) "Erya"

Carson has started to "converse" more.  By that I mean he jabbers at us in a conversational style 
instead of just babbling.  He does wave, say "Hi!", and points at everything saying, "Der." 
He loves Erik!  He calls for him by name, "Erya."  He often calls for Erik from his crib first thing when getting up from a nap.  So so sweet.  




5) Sleep

Carson has been sleeping through the night for about 2 months now.
He pretty consistently sleeps from 7:30 to 6:30.
I am still nursing him about 3x a day.
He takes about 12 ounces of rice milk as well.
He refuses to drink from a sippy cup unless desperate.
When I made him go cold turkey off the bottle after getting back from Cali he started getting up 
hungry all.night.long.  So he won and I gave him the bottle back. For now.

I'd have to say that this is the first time since December 2006 that I have
not been pregnant (felt crappy) and had all of my kids sleep through the night consistently.
Sleep is a wonderful, wonderful thing!! 


No comments: