Wednesday, December 7, 2011

School Boy

Erik has really, really become interested in school this fall.  He asks me to teach him how to read and loves to practice his numbers and letters.

Here are some photos of our most recent projects....

 I wrote out 0 through 20 and mixed them up.  
Erik taped them to the paper in the correct order on his own without looking at his "number board."
He did mess up once, but when I told him to look at it again, he was able to correct the problem on his own (he had 0-12, then 17 initially).

 Writing the numbers 0 through 10.
He writes his letters and numbers from the bottom - up.
That's seems backwards to me, any suggestions mom or other teachers??

Writing the alphabet.  
Not all the letters are done correctly but he makes an attempt at least.

Lainey drew this picture.  
It is a picture of her and Erik.
She didn't put it in this picture, but frequently she "writes her name" in the upper right 
corner of her photos.  It is just a scribble, but oh so cute.

It is SO fun to see my kids learn. 

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hi there! Just hopped over from Kelly's Korner. I have a four year old boy who is also very interested in learning! I also happen to be a teacher! I am teaching part time right now after having my children, but I teach all of the literacy and language arts in our room. One helpful hint that has been great for my son is that when I taught him to write his letters I taught him the lower case rather than the upper only because once they get to school and they start learning to write in sentences the emphasis will be on lower case letters and capitals only for names or at the beginning of the sentence. It is sooooo hard to retrain them once they are comfy with the capitals. :) But either way, you have him writing and interested in it and that is AMAZING! He will be at such an advantage after having you work with him like that at home! Way to go mom!! :) Be blessed~