Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ahhh!!

Have you ever had a week that left you feeling like this??



That yelling is courtesy of an overtired Lainey and Carson. 
I considered joining them but decided it was kind of hilarious and recorded it instead.
Thankfully, our drive was only 2 miles and double yelling is quite unusual.  
I had been planning to do a post about Advent season as our pastor is doing an
excellent series of sermons called "Finding Our Way To Christmas."


This week I haven't been thinking much about Christmas. 
I've been walking around in a cloud.  I actually spent 3-4 minutes today looking for my 
keys when they were already in my hands.  Haha!

 Two people I love dearly have been dealt really difficult cards recently. 
It's overwhelming and scary.  Sometimes, living in this broken 
world it is so easy to get discouraged and lose hope.  

Feeling like this I thought there was no point in talking about the series
at church.  But I decided it was actually quite appropriate because the first sermon was
a reminder to have faith, even when others doubt and it seems impossible.

My cousin Julie told me I need to "pick a verse" for the moments when life seems "shafty".  
So,  I am stealing this from my cousin Terri's blog...

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 

So, I am going to trust that even when the situation seems less than desirable that God knows what He is doing and will make it "beautiful" in the end.  

Lets take those crappy cards and run it!



*I am being specifically vague to protect the privacy of my two loved ones, so you will not hear much more about these situations but please know we appreciate your thoughts and prayers.*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned the "pick a verse" phrase from Dennis. I love the one you chose! Praying for you often!

Ashley Schantell said...

Praying for you and the situation in your post! way to keep up the positivity. :)

Austin & Terri said...

Love that verse. It is a hard one to swallow though in difficult times. We will be praying for you guys!

Karen and John said...

Ecc 3:11 has been my fave Bible verse since I was a child. It was one I had to memorize (a shortened version..."He[God] hath made all things beautiful.") at VBS one summer...maybe 2nd grade. Continuing to pray...Love you!!! :)