Monday, December 12, 2011

Notable Quotes

Lainey:

Lainey didn't fall far from the tree when it comes to sass.  I'm sure I don't need to clarify which parent is responsible for that gene.  If I do, you clearly don't know us well.  Anyway, yesterday I was putting Lainey down for a nap.  She has never been one who likes being cuddled or held.  Well, I was reading her a book and tried to put my arm around her.  She abruptly looked up and said, "Mom, Don't touch me!"  Okay.  Moving on I finished the book and laid down next to her so I could rub her back.  She once again looked up at me and said briskly, "Mom, GO out!"    I did and she went right to sleep.  Haha!  Miss sass.

This morning while Erik was at school Lainey and I were making cookies.  I jokingly asked her, "Lainey, who loves you the most?!"  With NO hesitation she enthusiastically answered, "Grandma!"  I asked her who else loves her a lot, "Papa!"  I tried once again.  This time she had to think for a while but finally said, "Erik!"  I then gave up!!  Haha!  At least she knows a lot of people love her!

Erik: 

When I picked Erik up from preschool on Friday he was really sweaty.  I asked what he had been doing and he said, "Chasing the girls!"  Hilarious.  When I asked for further clarification he explained that he and Nico had been "bad guys" and were chasing Sophie.  She apparently wasn't real happy with this arrangement.  Today when I picked Erik up from school I asked what he did at school and he reported that he and Nico had been "walking slowly."  Haha!  Maybe the teachers weren't too pleased with the "chasing the girls" activity either! 

2 comments:

akbwilliams said...

Ann, you are so funny. Love you and family bunches. Mom

Austin & Terri said...

Haha! That is too cute about Lainey and Erik :)