Friday, March 18, 2011

Carson - One week Old



Carson had a great first week.  Here is what he was up to....

1- Eating:  

He is the hungriest baby I have ever had.  He was SOOO ticked that it took 60 hours for my milk supply to come in.  He didn't fuss about it but insisted that he be latched on constantly.  Now I have enough milk to feed 3 babies!

2- Growing:

He is back to his birth weight already!

3- Sleeping:

This has not been so great but now that my milk is established he has been stretching out a little giving me 2 hours of sleep at a time instead of 45 minutes.  I hope it continue to improve!  He sleeps in the bassinet next to my bed. 

4- Out and about:

During his first week he has been to...

-playground daily
-doctor's office twice (he was mildly jaundiced but this is pretty much gone already)
-Erik's school
-library
-Subway
-Coffee Quarter (Victor and I took him on a date while Cyndy watched Erik and Elaina for an hour.)

You can tell he is the 3rd kid! 

We are doing well and have had great help with meals and childcare thanks for Aunt Sonja and Great Aunt Cyndy.  The weather has been beautiful  (60-80 degrees) so we have been out on walks and at the playground daily.  March seems to be a great time to have a baby in the DC area! 

You are a loved little boy Carson!  We are so thankful that you are here!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

What a beautiful, bright and healthy little boy!! Praise the Lord for this new member of the family!!

Austin & Terri said...

He is beautiful Ann :) What a cutie!