Friday, January 21, 2011

Checking In

It's been a long week with very little time for blogging.  Here is a brief update...

House Stuff:

It is nice to be living in a house that we own again.  However, houses seem to require work (and money)! My nesting may be setting in a little early as we started the week with painting the baby room and ended with painting the living room. I love the living room -  blue and brown.  I can't wait to have the rest of the main level painted but poor Victor probably needs a little time to recover.  Erik, Lainey, and I did "help" with the painting projects but Victor probably did about 75% of the work. 

In addition to the painting I have spent all week interviewing fence/deck companies - 5 of them! This has taken quite a bit of time.  We have a good idea of what we want and have quotes from everyone.  Next week I am going to see how good my negotiations skills are.  Fence and decks seem to be quite expensive.  We will be putting every penny of Victor's "vacation day pay-out" he received after coming off of active duty towards that project.  I was hoping to have a little left over to pay someone to paint the kitchen but there will be nothing left.  More fun for Victor! :)

* I will post photos of the paint jobs soon but my computer is not cooperating at the moment.*


Erik:  

He had a good week.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  It was in the 40's most of the week so we were able to spend more time at the park than usual (3x one day).  After a two week break gymnastics class started again (both kids are in a class).  Erik loves "gym" class and was happy to start it again. 

He completed a 48 piece jigsaw puzzle with very little help one afternoon.  He was proud. I was proud. 



Lainey:

Poor baby has had a tough week.  She cut 4 molars!  She has also had a mild cold.  It didn't seem to bother her much but last night she was up for 2.5 hours.  So I checked her ears this morning and wouldn't you know - another double ear infection (#8).  We took her in this evening - she is back on antibiotics (Augmentin).  I am calling an ENT on Monday.  The pediatricians we have seen have always mentioned that she may need tubes in the future but had never referred us.  I have been very hesitant to see an ENT/have tubes placed because I hate to think about my baby being sedated, worry a little about having an artificial "entry point" in her body (the tube itself), and keep hoping she will outgrow it.  She has had more ear infections this year than last though so I think an ENT is the way to go.  I am hoping we can get everything arranged and done before baby #3 arrives.  We'll see how long the wait is to get into the ENT. 

Potty training is still going well.  She probably has an accident once every other day.  She is in underwear full time now unless sleeping.  She often wakes up dry from her naps and in the morning.  I am considering leaving her in church nursery diaper-free this weekend but I am not sure I want to leave a newly potty trained "baby" with other people yet.  We'll see. Hopefully, the augmentin won't give her diarrhea and screw things up! 


Victor:

In addition to the painting projects he had a busy week at work.  He was involved in coordinating a 2 day visit for the Discovery Channel for a video project they are working on.  Long days while they were here.  This weekend he will be in Norfolk, VA for reserve duty.  This is the first time since getting activated in April of 2007 that he will be gone for a reserve weekend. 

Me and baby: 

Just trying to coordinate it all.  Still feeling fine.  Tired though which is partially my fault because I stayed up too late reading one night - sucked in the the Steig Larsson series (The Girl Who Played With Fire).  Baby boy seems fine.  I had an OB appointment Monday - measured 29 cm at 30.5 weeks. No concerns.  I will have appointment every 2-2.5 weeks from now until I am full term though - lots of trips to DC.  Hopefully, lots of coffee with friends!

2 comments:

Hanna said...

wow! your doctor is in dc? where will you deliver? also, your kids are super cute. :)

mom2eli said...

I recognize that puzzle - good job Erik!