Saturday, January 15, 2011

30 weeks!

 30 Weeks
 I leave my head chopped off because I can't figure out how to take self-portraits with my new camera without making a retarded face (since you have to actually look through the viewfinder rather than at the screen).  Just in case you doubt that it is me in the photos I left one intact below...
Can you believe I am only 7 weeks and 3 days away from when I delivered Lainey?!  Yikes! 

We have SO much left to get ready.  Everything really.  I have gone through Erik's clothes and picked out the items that I think will fit baby #3.  Unfortunately, even though I have boxes and boxes of boy clothes most of them I won't be able to use again because the boys will be born in opposite seasons.  Once baby #3 is 12 months or so and stays in his clothes longer than a few weeks at a time I think most things will be usable but the first 6-12 months of his life I am borrowing clothes from friends and neighbors who had boys born in spring.  I have also lent out Erik's 3-9 month winter clothes to 2 of my neighbors who had baby boys this fall. 

Other than going through clothes nothing else is ready.  I have started to think about the nursery.  We will likely paint the walls a sage green color and buy some jungle wall decals for decoration.  He can use Erik's crib sheets. 

We need to switch Lainey out of the crib into a regular bed.  I thought we could do this now but she has a cold, is cutting molars, and just potty trained so I am going to hold off on that transition for a few more weeks.  We will likely need to buy a mattress for her - maybe a full size instead of a queen as her room is a little small to host a queen size bed.  Plus, if we give her the guest bed anyone who stays with us will have to sleep with Erik, on the couch, or Erik will have to move out of his room.  We seem to have frequent visitors so that isn't the best plan.  Future guests may end up in the very large (unfinished) basement suite but you should still have a nice bed to sleep in! 

Pregnancy Info:

Baby info:
Baby boy has been much more active this week.  He has been quieter than the other two so far so I am happy his movements have increased and become more pronounced. As far as I can tell he has never had the hiccups yet -- Erik had them 4-5x a day at this point and Lainey had them at least 1-2x a day.  Strange!

Mommy info:
I am still feeling good.  My legs are a little achy so I pulled out the "ted hose" which seem to help.  I am up 15 pounds now.  Occasional heartburn - nothing notable.  I still have not had any braxton hicks contractions.  This is also different from previous pregnancies as by this point with both Erik and Elaina I had them off and on all day.  I am hoping that my uterus hasn't "gotten lazy/sluggish" and   feels no need to evacuate this baby in a timely fashion (as my doctor indicated is somewhat common in back to back pregnancies).  I have an appointment on Monday.  It should be pretty straight forward - measure the uterus and listen for a heartbeat. 

Commentary:
Strangers finally started commenting on the pregnancy when I was 27 weeks 5 days along.  I still don't think it is obvious if I have a jacket on so people only seem to comment if they see me in street clothes.  Fine by me!

No comments: