Monday, February 15, 2010

8 months


Happy 8 month birthday baby girl!

What a busy month you have had. You have gone from army crawling to full force speed crawling. In addition to crawling you have also learned how to pull up on everything. You are so cute. So interested in everything around you. Where did my tiny baby go?

You are still nursing 7 times in 24 hours. I offer you three meals a day. You like to feed yourself -- cheerios/peas/avacado/bananas. You will usually only eat 5-10 bites of cereal/pureed foods before starting to cry.

You are still on Prevacid solutabs 7.5 mg twice a day. Your reflux seems to be well controlled on that. Since November you have had 3 ear infections and are currently fighting your fourth one (it is borderline -- no antibiotics yet). This is so frustrating for me because I wish I could make you feel better. Sometimes babies get ear infections/stuffiness from food allergies so I cut all dairy, eggs, and nuts out of my diet. When I first did this you seemed MUCH better but now you have been sick for 3-4 weeks again despite my dietary changes. When you get an ear infection you are pretty happy during the day but miserable at night. You have not been able to sleep unless we are holding you for the past 4 nights. Poor baby girl.

You are growing fast. At your doctor's appointment today you were 17 pounds 12 ounces (45%).

You are such a fun little baby -- a joy to be around. I really love this stage and wish I could just stop time for a little bit.

Grandma Kay and Grandpa Byron visited us for a couple days this month. They love spending time with you.

We also went to meet your sweet cousin baby Jamison. I am so excited to have a nephew and for you to have cousin so close in age (and size)!

You are loved so much baby girl!

3 comments:

mom2three said...

That bathtub photo is so sweet! What a cutie!

Julie said...

Love the tub picture! She is starting to look more like Erik in a girlie way of course.

akbwilliams said...

Hey, I think I took that photo while giving Elaina her bath! It was so much fun! Love, Grandma K.