Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Music To My Ears!

As you could tell in my post last night, I have been feeling quite frustrated with potty training. Well, today Erik seemed to have an "Ah ha moment!" Four times this afternoon he told me he needed to go potty. 3 of those times it was early enough that I could actually get him to the potty chair in time. Yay!!! He was so proud of himself.

We are now rewarding him with a coin each time he pees in the potty chair (thank for the suggestion Julie) which goes in his piggy bank. He doesn't have a clue what it means to have money but still seems to be excited by this. Pooping in the potty comes with the prize of a coin, juice box, and cookie. Hopefully, he will have a breakthrough on that front soon!

I am feeling much better about things today and just hope that Erik keeps it up tomorrow!

One thing I have noticed is that he seems somewhat confused by underwear. The only accidents he had today were when he was wearing underwear. I think he must forget that he doesn't have a diaper on or something. Hopefully, he will figure that out soon too because I can't take him out of the house naked.

No comments: