Friday, August 21, 2009

Lunch Date

On Friday mornings, I have been taking Erik and Lainey down to Old Town Alexandria. I love old town so it has been a fun place to hang out. I am also trying to get Erik hooked on Cosi so I will win the argument Cosi vs Five Guys. So far I am doing well. Erik loves the bread there and likes to watch them make it in the fire.

I love hanging out with my little man on Friday mornings and will miss this outing when preschool starts in the fall.
Isn't my date cute!? I sure will hate it when he wants to take a different girl out for lunch! Oh well, he is mine for now.

On a sad note..... There is often a group of preschoolers at the playground Friday mornings. They are all 18 months - 4 years old. Very cute and friendly kids. Today an 18 month old was picked up early from the playground by a day care worker. Why? Because he has come to school three weeks in a row with different injuries (a cigarette burn, razor cut, and bite marks) so CPS had been called and they were taking him to do a full physical exam. Apparently, the mom already has another open case in the CPS regarding a different child. Poor babies!! I hope they get taken to somewhere safe. Meanwhile, I will give my kids an extra squeeze.

I hope you have a good weekend. I am going to Kansas with Lainey to spend time with some of my relatives so no blog updates from me. Maybe Victor will provide some haiku's for you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm going to be waiting for those haikus! Cute family picture by the way!