Saturday, April 19, 2014

Fun Visitors - Scherers!

As a girl, I loved to babysit!  In fact, I babysat so much I was able to save $10,000 for college before graduating from high school.  That's a lot of babysitting as I was paid $2/hour for most of it!

My favorite family had three girls - Allison, Hannah, and Cailin.  Their Mom is a veterinarian and worked at my Dad's clinic.  When she first went back to work after having Allison, she was working 3 out of 5 Saturdays. I was not-quite 11 but she trusted me to watch her precious newborn!  (Not my first baby - I'd taken care of a preemie for a year or two before that!)

It all worked out and for the next 7 years I watched the Scherer girls 3-4 times a month!  I just love the Scherer family and am so thankful Pat was willing to trust me with her baby girl!

Allison is now a college graduate and working for Quad Graphics.  She is part of the corporate trainee program and has a 4 month rotation in Alexandria, VA!  She just moved out here this week and we got to spend the day with her and her mom, Pat!

We put Allison right to work!  She helped the kids dye Easter eggs!









Pat hung out with baby Kyle!




After that we went out for sushi (well, two of us like sushi!).  I took Allison and Pat on a hike.  Victor stayed home with the kids while Carson and Kyle napped.

After naptime we all met at a local sculpture garden.  The kids did crafts and we took a short hike looking for fairy houses that were on display.

 Erik made a jellyfish.

 I also attempted to get a cute photo of the four-some.
So difficult!
Erik, loves to pose for photos, but always gives the the smile above!
Lainey purposefully looks annoyed for photos.
Oh well!
 A fairy house!



Before Pat and Allison headed back to Alexandria, we stopped for ice cream!



It was such a fun day!
I'm so excited to have Allison close by and look forward to seeing her frequently!

No comments: