Saturday, March 9, 2013

Joy Project/I'm Back

Well, after 3 weeks we are all (for the moment) healthy again.  I'm hoping we can stay virus free for a month or so as we are hoping to get out of town and will be hosting visitors, both which would be best if virus' stay away!

Anyway, despite the annoying virus invasion the magnitude of our daily blessings, and fairly carefree life, was not forgotten.  So back to the joy project...

122) Daron's good news - :)

123) Beautiful warm and sunny day today

124) A nice visit with friends tonight

125) Pastor John and our church.   We go to a Methodist church which is filled with 40-50% traditional methodist families and then 50-60% of people from all different church backgrounds - non-denominational, catholic, lutheran, etc.   This is different from any other church I've been a part of and I really love it.  The pastor is able to somehow communicate what the heart of Christianity really is and not get caught up in the small details that leave so many churches divided (and many people uninterested in faith of any kind).  He is one of the most heartfelt, kind, and quietly passionate pastors I've ever met.  I am thankful for him.  Anyway, last weekend my friend Julie had her girls baptized. This is one of the "small"issues people get stuck on - do you baptize your kids as infants or wait until they publicly declare their faith??  The bible does make it clear that being baptized is important but the details surrounding that aren't really black and white.  So, knowing that our church is a mixed bunch of folks Pastor John is happy to baptize babies, small kids, big kids, or adults.  The babies and little kids get baptized with the sprinkle method, the big kids and adults give their testimony and get dunked.  :)  Julies' girls are 4 and (almost) 3 and the eldest just happens to be Erik's best bud Madison!  So he was quite excited to watch her get baptized.  Erik and Lainey may have even brought the girls sparkly glitter flower bouquets for their big day.  It was a chaotic morning as during the season of Lent the kids start out the church service with us, then do a lesson with Pastor John up front, and then head to their classes.  So all the little kids were up front during the baptism.  Yikes!

 That's Lainey up front and central with Pastor John during the children's church portion
Erik and his buddy Madison, the photo quality is awful 
as it was on my phone and from a distance.  Err!

126) My part-time job -- I really love working part-time.  I somehow managed to land a job working with an extremely brilliant and kind doctor here in a rural and fairly remote area.  I am learning a lot, will be expanding my role in the clinic in May which is exciting (just assuming more responsibility not adding extra hours yet), and can truly say this is my favorite PA job I've ever held.  (I really liked working at Marshfield clinic which was my first job out but I hated the OR and spent 30% of my time assisting in the OR.  I enjoyed the GI aspect of my 2nd PA job but didn't enjoy the clinic I worked at very much - many of my colleagues were nice and there were some very bright doctors but it was a private practice.  The doctor's were our "owners/bosses" not our colleagues and were not on our team which seems extra clear now that I am back in a hospital owned practice.  I'm sure that's not true of all private practice settings but definitely was in the practice I worked at and I'm thankful to be back in an environment were I know the doctor I am working with values my help and is very supportive rather than just looking at how I can save him time and money.  Yikes!)

127) Quiet evenings after busy days

128) Chamomile tea and homemade chocolate pudding

129)  My sweet and goofy Carson shouting "Annie!" from the back seat if I don't turn on the music fast enough. 

130) Lainey and Carson playing and singing "Ring around the Rosie" together tonight while at the playground

131)  Erik and his passionate love of soccer - practice starts this week and he is so excited!


What has brought you joy this week?



No comments: