Thursday, March 28, 2013

Craft Camp

While we were gone my parents watched the kids (thank you).   As I have previously mentioned, I generally fail in the crafting requirements of a stay at home mom.  Something about being a biology major and PA that just doesn't lead to a lot of crafting enthusiasm.

Luckily, my kids got in a years worth of crafts during the 2.5 days we were gone as their kindergarten teacher grandmother happens to be quite comfortable in the crafting world.

Look at the the projects they managed to complete while we were gone....

Painting
This was generic painting. 
They also painted pictures of Easter eggs and decorated them with glitter.


 Dying Easter eggs
AND if you look closely in the photo below you 
will also see they tie-dyed paper towels.
Really, Mom?! 
Just a bit of an over-acheiver! :)
 Don't forget the homemade Easter cookies!
Along with many homemade meals.


Dad made sure to closely supervise in the background.
Haha! 

They also took lots of walks where apparently Erik discovered a bow.

I'm just kidding about the supervising!
The kids had a great time with Dad too.

I'm lucky my parents are young, healthy, and more than willing to watch the trio 
while we get away occasionally.

The kids have a lot of fun with Grandma and Papa but so far seem happy to see us when we get back.
I have not yet been asked to go live in Wisconsin and have Grandma and Papa live with them in Maryland as a certain spunky 5 year old may have suggested to her mom recently. 
(This is still making me laugh Kristal!)
There is still time for that I guess as my mom just left today.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Laughing!!!! I love it!!

You know what's really unfair about this all, too? I have actually dyed paper towels with Anna, and she's STILL trying to kick me out.

Our family said...

Hahaha! Oh my! I should probably just pack my bags then. :)