Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Notable Moments

Lainey:

Yesterday Lainey was awake while Erik was taking a nap. Apparently, she was bored because she went over to the steps and started "yelling,"  'air-eh, air-eh, air-eh'.  I picked her up and said, "Erik's sleeping honey." She tilted her head at me and with a puzzled look on her face said, "Dada?"  Sorry honey-- he is at work; you are stuck with me!

Erik:

Erik is generally is a sweet little boy.  Some of the things he says really melt my heart.  Here is a good example of that....  He had been playing with Lainey but was going to leave to go somewhere with Victor.  Before leaving he stopped to give Lainey a hug and unprompted said, "Lainey, we sure do love you."  Cute boy!

This morning our friends Sean and Liam were here.  Erik was being quite bossy and impatient.  After they left he mentioned Liam too me.  I asked him, "What did you do  while Liam and Sean were here today?"  His response was funny (but did not melt my heart)..."Liam (14 months) was trying to shut the door of my refrigerator and I was really, really frustrated so I pushed him."  I mentioned to him that I thought he had been a little sassy and he corrected me, " No mommy, I am BIG sassy."  He does not want to ever be referred to as little.

For the past month or so Erik has been consistently calling Victor by name.  It is quite funny.  I think he thinks the name Victor is synonymous with Daddy because if you ask him what letter Victor starts with he says, D just like he knows daddy starts with.  I think this is cute for now but hoping it doesn't last too long.  I wonder when Lainey will starting referring to her daddy as Victor?

2 comments:

Karen and John said...

too funny!!!! at dinner tonight, sean said, "i love erik's house!" he obviously had a blast today...esp since he didn't want to come home...lol...not the firs time that's been the case!

Ben and Robyn said...

Don't worry, Jonas went through a phase where he called his daddy "Ben." But he never called ME by my first name...I guess we really have lost all other identity!! Ha!