Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thank you!

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to men. I traveled without Victor to Nebraska this week. Of course I wasn't really alone -- I had 18 month old Erik, a stroller, 42 pound suitcase, and am 6 months pregnant!

We had a one hour drive to the airport, shuttle from the parking lot, two flights, and then one hour drive to Julie and Brad's house. This was a long day. My day was improved by the kind men who went out of their way to help me. I don't think I ever lifted my suitcase or opened a door. I never asked for help or made any effort to look like a damsel in distress but men still volunteered to help me every step of the way. Thank you!! Your efforts are appreciated.

As for the women -- not one offered to help (except for a flight attendant). One did sigh at me as I was a little slow getting off of the airplane. Another woman commented, "Guess I could of helped you, huh?" after I got on the shuttle bus. Nice! Her help wasn't actually needed though as 2 men had gotten out of their seats -- one to lift my suitcase the other to help me get the stroller on the bus.

Thank you again to all the helpful men I encountered on my travels. To the women reading my blog (I am sure you are more helpful than the women I encountered) -- lets try to match the effort of the men and offer to help out struggling strangers!

No comments: