Sunday, January 11, 2009

Baby Chen #2

I am happy to say that I am feeling much better now. I am still more tired than normal -- I try to lay down for 45 minutes while Erik naps but MUCH better. The nausea is significantly better as well. Although, I don't think I feel much different this pregnancy (aside from different cravings) I have enjoyed this one more.

I was estactic to be pregnant with Erik (as we are with this one) but not prepared for how one feels when pregnant. This hit Victor and me hard last time. He wasn't sure what to do with an exhausted, sick wife and really wasn't sure he liked having to cater to my whims. Not that I can blame him.

This time around we were prepared, knew it was temporary and very worth it. Plus, as parents we are much less self centered at this point in time (than we were 2 years ago). This time Victor almost seemed to look forward to helping me in any way possible (much more work than last time since we have a one year old). He helped a lot last time too but it was pretty clear he didn't look forward to it. :) As a result this time around his tired, nauseated wife was a MUCH less crabby wife since her husband was so helpful and loving. Me being less crabby made him more happy to help and therefore we had a much more successful first trimester! I am very grateful that we have been able to grow together during the past three years and have learned how to communicate effectively and work together well as a team. (At least most of the time -- we still have some dumb arguments -- don't worry!)

I have started to grow now -- my clothes still fit fine but stomach is NOT flat! At 15 1/2 weeks this is expected though. I have gained about 2 pounds which is about where I was last time as well. Baby is getting more active. Some days I hardly feel it at all but other days the kicks are pretty obvious. I love being able to feel the baby! It reassures me that everything is fine.

I will try to post a belly shot soon -- but I need to take one first! I have my 16 week appointment later this week -- after that I will be scheduling the "big" ultrasound. Hard to believe we are almost to that point already!

I hope you are all well!

No comments: