Sunday, August 30, 2015

Wisconsin Summer

The kids and I spent 10 days in WI this summer.  Most of our time was spent at my Mom and Dads (they ran an unofficial bed and breakfast this summer).  The weather was perfect, so we spent a lot of time outdoors.  Fishing, taking long walks, driving tractors, visiting friends (Camp Anokijig), playing cards, visiting local hotspots, etc.

My cousin Austin and his family stayed with my parents the first half of our trip.  It was so nice to see them!  Terri and I are pretty good buddies, so I always look forward to spending time together in person.   (Austin's pretty cool too!)

I was able to see my cousin Anne and her daughter Aly,  my friend Katie S, and Pat Scherer family.  Hannah got married yesterday (I am old!) and I couldnt get back for the wedding, but I was able to attend her bridal shower which was fun.  

The kids and I took a two day break from Plymouth and drove to the Dells.  My friend Barb W. and her boys met us at Noah's Ark.  My brothers Colin and Kevin both came too!  It was a really FUN day!  Erik, Lainey, and Carson had little to no fear and went on tons of waterslides.  I was so impressed.  Noah's Ark is one of my favorite childhood memories so I am glad to share that with my kiddos now.   I was so thankful to have supportive family and friends help me navigate it safely with four small kids. 

After Noah's Ark we drove to La Crosse and spent the night at the Wettsteins.  I hadn't been to La Crosse (or seen the Wettsteins) in 9 years!  Way too long!   We didn't see anymore of La Crosse than their house as when I left the kids all fell asleep before we were 1 mile from the house.

We went from La Crosse to Verona to spend the day with my friend Nicki and her family of 5.  Uncle Colin stopped by again that afternoon, before heading to Shrekfest (he is a goof!). 

This trip home was a fun one.  I have realized how incredibly blessed I am with kind friends and family.  So thankful for that.

My kids are already talking about their trip home at Christmas. Hopefully, I will be able to get that arranged!


This was my first time flying with all four solo.  They were truly very, very well behaved during the travel days.  I was thankful and proud.

Sure do love my kiddos!

No comments: