Sunday, August 30, 2015

Family Update

This past year and a half have been difficult from a marriage standpoint.  We came through Daron's death, kids illnesses/hospital stay, sick Grandma, job change which resulted in long work days for Victor, and a newborn (plus three other littles) feeling a bit ragged.

I recognized immediately, that we needed to dedicate the year of 2014-2015 to marriage recovery.   We tried lots of things - counseling, trips, retreats, prayer, books, etc. but ultimately Victor made the choice to leave our marriage.  He has been gone for about three months now.   I'm not sure where we will be a year from now, but I do know my struggling husband needs prayer.  He is a good man, but he is angry and lost.

The kids and I have been doing fairly well.  Carson is my tender-hearted little boy. He misses his dad a lot and at times just seems sad.  Erik has been struggling with sleeping issues (I have this almost figured out) and anger.  Lainey/Kyle seem the most resilient although they are all doing well.   I found a counselor for the kids that I really like a lot!

I haven't been in counseling this summer but will go back soon, once everyone is established back into a school routine.

Please be in prayer for my kids, husband, and me as we navigate this unexpected territory.  Thanks.

No comments: