Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It's been a long winter

I can't say a lot of nice things about 2014 so far.  As I mentioned previously, my dear brother Daron had relapsed again.  We knew this was terrible news and carried a very poor prognosis.  Daron, was admitted for inpatient chemo over a month ago.  A secondary infection almost killed him but he fought back!  After being in a "coma" for 2 weeks and intubated for 3 weeks he was able to finally breathe on his own again.  Things seemed to be looking a little better so I decided to set aside my "grim reaper" role and allow in a little bit of hope.  Unfortunately, the hope was short-lived.  We learned this weekend that the chemo did not treat the cancer.  There is nothing left to do for Daron aside from keep him comfortable and remind him how much he is loved.    Please pray for my family (Anita, Byron, Kevin, Colin, Feifei, Victor and kids) as we anticipate the loss of our beloved brother, son, and husband.

He will always be remembered fondly...
http://annandvictor.blogspot.com/2010/01/uncle-daron.html

His caring bridge update is below...

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/daronwilliams/guestbook

No comments: