Sunday, October 13, 2013

Notable Quotes: Carson

Carson is a funny kid!  He really is a comedian and brings a lot of joy to our family.


Here are a couple of funny things he said recently.


I tend to get groceries and run errands on the weekends.  When I do this I try to take one kid with me (plus Kyle).  Carson was very excited to go with me last weekend.  Our first stop was Old Navy.  He was running around the store ahead of me.  He was delighted to find a package of monster underwear.  Not knowing they were underwear he ran over to me and said, " Mommy, mommy look these are for me!"  I responded, " Wow! Those are really neat underwear.  I'd love to buy them for you if you want to go potty on the toilet. "  He stopped dead in his tracks and very solemnly said, " MOmmy, these are NOT for me!" and promptly put them back on the shelf.   Hahaha!  There was a mom standing nearby who heard the exchange and burst out laughing.


(I have no idea how to potty train this kid.  He is not at all interested or willing and seems quite afraid of the whole idea.)

 After going to Old Navy we headed to the grocery store.  I usually let the kids pick out one special item when they come with me.  Shockingly they often pick out things like Craisins, cheese sticks, dried apples, etc.  I put no limits on their choice.  Carson was excited to get to pick out a special treat and rather than dried apples decided to select candy corn.  (Pretty sure he'd never had them before but he was still excited about his selection.)  Later in the shopping trip he tried to convince me to let him pick out another bag of candy.   I responded, "Sorry Carson, we already have enough junk!"  He pointed to the bag of candy corn in the cart and said, "This junk Mommy?".  I said, " Yep. It's candy, a special treat, and not great for your body."  He replied loudly, " I REALLY like junk Mommy!"   Oh dear!


-----------------

I try to limit my intake of non-real food items.  So this means that we don't have any soda in the house.  I don't like coffee so that basically leaves tea as a source of caffeine.  After 7 weeks of getting up every 2 hours tea hasn't really been cutting it.   So Carson, Kyle, and I have journeyed to Starbucks a few times in the past few weeks as I can tolerate well-disguised coffee (although I realize this isn't any better for me than soda).  One day this week I asked Carson if he wanted to go and get some juice (his drink of choice at Starbucks).  He looked at me and said, " You need some toffee Mommy?"    Clearly we've been to Starbucks a few too many times.  Not seeing an end to my need for caffeine I decided that rather than frequent trips to Starbucks I needed to figure out how to replicate tolerable coffee at home.  I tried this a few times and failed.  So I decided what we really needed was an espresso machine at home.  Victor has never been happier.  Haha!  I will let you know how my quest to make well-disguised real-food coffee goes at home with my new shiny espresso machine.  

1 comment:

Mike and Karly said...

I was never really a coffee drinker until the twins were around 10 months. I like to make caramel macchiatos... Shot of expresso with milk and a spoonful of caramel syrup. Just enough caffeine but not too much coffee taste. :)