Saturday, October 19, 2013

Joyful Project

I don't think I have done a joy project post for almost 2 months now! I certainly have a lot to be thankful for (and a lot of photos to post) so I thought this would be a good way to update you on our current events.


237)  I love being a mom.  Certainly there are bad moments, plenty of them, but seriously when I have all four kiddos in the back of the van I just look at them and smile.  I'm so lucky they are all mine.


238) Beautiful weather - Since Kyle was born it has been just beautiful outside (minus a week of rain). 
I walk for about 40 minutes with Carson and Kyle most days.  Carson spends most of it saying, "I don't want to go this way!"  He says that no matter which way we go! Haha!   He should be able to use the balance bike soon and then he won't have to ride in the stroller the whole way which will make him happy.  


239)  Little Ninja's! 

Erik has worn this costume almost constantly since getting it.
I can't describe how cute Carson is in this ninja costume!
His moves are hilarious!
He is such a big kid now!

240) My sweet little girl!
Lainey just loves school and her friends.
She is an eager learner and helper.
She's quite pleasant to be with most days.
THat being said the past two days have been full of whining!
I'm hoping it's just because she's a little tired (has napped 2 days in a row) but 
I have gotten a lot of looks like this....

241)  A healthy body!

I have been able to run again.  I ran 20-25 miles a week until 11 days before delivering.
But then I stopped all physical activity for 4+ weeks due to the pneumonia and back pain.
I've been taking it slow but this week was able to run 22 miles and my speed is picking up.
I've been reminded again recently how fortunate I am to have a healthy body.


242) School!

My kids are learning a lot this year.  Lainey LOVES school.  Erik likes it but is always happy when they have a 3 day weekend.  I don't think Erik likes his teacher.  This is kind of "funny" to me because I was so pleased with the teacher he was assigned.  She's an excellent teacher but very strict and probably not a ton of fun all the time.  I'm kind of surprised by this because she is really friendly outside of school.  I'm also surprised it bothers him as his pre-k teacher was not warm and fuzzy and he seemed to really like her. Oh well!  He will likely learn a lot from her. :)  

I am most thankful for school though because it has made this transition to 4 kids so much easier.  Erik is gone most of the day and Lainey 1/2 of the day.  Plus for the first time in many years I am not driving a kid back and forth to preschool multiple times a week.  It's been excellent and certainly made the transition easier than it would have been if Kyle were born in June.  (That sounds quite bad.  I enjoy having my kids home but when overtired taking care of 2-3 at a time instead of 4 is simply easier.)


Homework assignment done by Erik.....

Lainey practicing her numbers and alphabet, plus a drawing of Kyle....

243) A helpful husband - no photo available

244) Last but not least, this cute little baby!







What has brought you JOY this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*like* looking in the rearview mirror and smiling at your brood. :)

You have the cutest babies!

:) Liz