Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ordinary Hero Blog

 Adopting a kid from Africa has always been something that interests me.  I think I first got the idea in my head when I was 19 and it's still there.   We clearly haven't pursued this avenue yet but during during the past 2 months I keep running into people who have adopted or are planning to adopt soon. This morning the magazine I picked up to read while working out had an article about adoption featuring this organization.

Please click on the link below.  Our lives are so blessed.



Ordinary Hero Blog: Team 2.....Street Kids find many blessings in Ethi...: "OH...the precious street children in Ethiopia!! They will break your heart. There are over 150,000 street children in Ethiopia. Most run lo..."

Can you believe the picture of that house?

I'll let you know if this desire I have ever moves further than an idea in my head.  For now I will just be praying for the poor poor babies living in filth.

Below is a link to an abcnews video about the current famine in Africa.  Amazing how an entire continent can be suffering and it barely makes the news while our budget balance issues upsets everyone.  Makes me a little crazy!

ABCnews

That video makes our daily troubles seem pretty insignificant doesn't it?

1 comment:

Karen and John said...

Ann...I have to tell you that the famine in East Africa has been weighing heavily on my heart this week as well. We are making a donation sometime this weekend. I just need to figure out where I'll donate.
You are such a fabulous mom...please know that if you do pursue adoption, whether domestic or international, I would be happy to be one of your references!! I can also give you some of the inside scoop on the home study process since I used to conduct them! :) Hugs!