Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend Retreat!




Victor and I were blessed to be able to get away for a few days by ourselves. My mom and aunt Cyndy came to watch the kids for us. We were gone for 4 days and 3 nights. I was nervous to leave them that long but confident that a neonatal nurse and kindergarten teacher could keep them safe for me.

Victor and I stayed at the Homestead resort in the mountains of Virginia. It was beautiful! Our weekend was spent hiking, dancing, eating, talking, at the spa, reading, sleeping, etc. We realized it had been at least 3 years since we had taken a true vacation by ourselves. Too long!

Swimming in the natural hot springs (approximately 100 degrees)


Dressed up for dinner and dancing
A trio (bass, drums, and piano) played from 7 pm to 10pm at dinner each night.
They were wonderful! We danced all night long.
It was fun because the next day people would comment to us about our dancing.
We are really not that great of dancers but we look good to people who don't know how to dance.

The kids had fun while we were gone. Erik went to school one morning, gym class, trick-or-treating, carved pumpkins, made cookies, potty trained, etc. Lainey smiled, cooed, spit bubbles, rolled over, flirted, and drank lots of milk!



Lainey with aunt Cyndy

We were happy to see the kids when we got back and thankful that they had such a great time while we were gone. I will try to post some photos of the kids adventures but I have to get them from Grandma Kay first.

1 comment:

Ben and Robyn said...

Good for you guys! Ben and I just planned a mini-weekend trip for 2 weeks from now and I am sooooo excited! I really think we are both better parents when we feel "connected" to each other! Looks like you had lots of fun (and the kids, too!)
Robyn