Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Commander Chen


Victor was promoted to Commander in June. This post is 5 months overdue but the morning of the ceremony my brain wasn't working and I forgot to charge our camera. So the battery was dead -- the woman who took pictures on her camera didn't get us the photos until this week! I am glad to finally have them.

The promotion ceremony took place in the office of Sean Stackley, assistant secretary of the Navy, who overseas research, development, and acquisition. Mr. Stackley gave a quick speech honoring Victor and thanking him for his service. Mr. Stackley and I did the pinning.


Congrats Victor! We are proud of your hard work (although I sure wish they didn't need you there so many hours a week)!

Erik attended the ceremony too and was relatively well behaved.
Elaina was born one week later -- so I am a little over 36 weeks pregnant in this photo.
I think I looked pretty good -- except for the poor choice of tights.
Oh well!


No comments: