Friday, October 16, 2009

Germland

Well, I have been looking at Erik's ears all week. They are both still infected -- so much for the Amoxicillin. In addition to having bad looking ears he has also been very fussy, refusing to eat, telling me he has an "owie" in his mouth, waking up at night, etc. So I took him back in tonight. The pediatrician agreed that his ears are still infected. He said if he is still acting sick tomorrow to go ahead and start him on Augmentin. He also said, while some ear infections will resolve on their own, they are almost never viral (which is what the Dr. suggested last weekend). I also looked at Erik's chart -- the doctor who saw him last weekend wrote in the chart that his ears were clear (not infected which was clearly wrong). She will NOT ever see my children again.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

What a mess! That doctor sounds pretty bad. I'm sorry that he's suffering... and you are, too. Augmentin is what my kids often end up on. Hopefully, that will do the trick!