Saturday, October 10, 2009

Germland -- Final Update (Sunday evening)

That's our house. I am feeling better but now Erik has a fever over 102 degrees. Poor guy. He has a runny nose but otherwise no symptoms. I am hoping he doesn't start puking. If he still has a high temp tomorrow we may be headed into the doctor. Hopefully, not.

Erik loves Pooh and Tigger movies. He doesn't get to watch a lot of TV but when he is sick we let him watch movies all day if he wants. He hasn't lost his sense of humor, even though he isn't feeling well. In the video below he was laughing at Tigger....





Update: Still running a temp over 101 at bedtime. It looks like he has an ear infection (via my cheap otoscope). If still running a temp tomorrow we will take him in. Poor baby. Since I had an ear infection last week I know how crummy he must feel.

Second Update: Erik for sure has an ear infection (I think both ears look red this am) and still has a temp over 102. Waiting for the doctor to call me back. Hoping an ear infection is the only this he has. Our neighbor has swine flu and strep throat. She had a temp of 104 though. We did see her once this week.

Third Update: Erik woke up with a temp of 102.3 and two red eardrums. Took him in -- the doctor agrees that he has a double ear infection but won't give him an antibiotic because she thinks it might be viral. I disagree and think his ears look awful. She does obviously look in a lot more ears than I do but I hate just sitting on my hands while my kid is in pain. I will be taking him back in tomorrow assuming he still has a fever. Poor baby!

Final Update: Erik continued to have a fever all day and I became more convinced that his left ear was full of puss in addition to being red; his right eardrum just inflamed. We took him into the CVS minute clinic for a second opinion. The practitioner told Victor the same thing I thought -- pussy left ear, red right ear. Erik is now on amoxicillin in addition to Ibpubrofen/tylenol. He was really feeling crummy this evening -- refusing to eat or drink much of anything during the past 24 hours. I sure am hoping he wakes up feeling better.