Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lainey- 22 months

Hi Lainey -

What a big girl you are!  It has been a busy month.  You have adjusted well to being a big sister.  You love Carson and have displayed no jealousy.  You like to nurse, burp, wrap up, carry, and swing your baby dolls.  Very cute! 

You are a silly girl with a great sense of humor.  Victor and I frequent laugh about things you say or do.  You are very social and curious.  You like to copy whatever Erik says and does (this sometimes leads to trouble)!
Lainey buckling in Carson. She LOVES all buckles!

You love buckling things - car seat, swing, chairs, etc.  You often buckle yourself into Carson's chair (see above) and then yell frantically, "Help momma!!  I stuck!!"   Ha!

 You are very interested in the "baby's milk" so one day I gave you a taste.  You said, quite surprised, "YUCK! I don't like that momma!"  I found that funny because you nursed for 14 months.  I also thought it was quite an impressive sentence for a 22 month old. 

You were started on Singulair and Claritin 3-4 weeks ago because of persistent stuffiness/runny nose and ear infections (after the tubes were placed you had 2 ear infections within a month).  I think the Singulair and Claritin have helped a lot and for the first time since birth you are not congested.  I am sorry it took us so long to figure things out.  I do think you seem to be a happier little girl since getting the tubes in your ears and starting on medication.  I would be crabby too if I were constantly congested. 

You are a sweet, silly, fun little girl.  We love you so much!  You add  a lot of joy to our house! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

What is it with buckles? Elliana and Wyatt had/has the same obsession at that age.