Friday, July 2, 2010

Dr. Chen

This little boy LOVES his doctor kit! If you happen to visit our home soon you will likely be the target of Dr. Chen.  His exams are sometimes uncomfortable (lots of shots are given and he seems to use the reflex hammer as a weapon) but at least they are free! 

Erik's doctor kit comes with everything -- including a beeping pager, scalpel, name tag, doctor's glasses, emesis basin, etc.  He has worn it everywhere -- to bed, gymnastics class, library, pool.  So funny!

This brings up some unexpected emotions for me as Erik has no idea that I am a PA and I think he would be excited to have a mommy that was a "doctor". I think my ego would be boosted if Erik was psyched about what I did.  Strange, I know! I will someday go back to work -- we will see if Erik is still as excited about being a doctor then.  For now, I am thankful to be able to stay home with my babies. 

4 comments:

mom2three said...

Very cute pictures and post!

Ben and Robyn said...

That sounds like an elaborate kit...an emesis basin even!? Don't worry too much that Erik doesn't know what you do...when Miles saw me at work with a stethoscope around my neck, he wouldn't even come near me!! I was the enemy!! :)

Unknown said...

Dr. Chen - You're so cute!

Kristal said...

Those are adorable pictures!

I get those feelings sometimes, too, like when Kate says, "I won't tell you about it; I'll tell Daddy. HE's a DOCTOR!"

Maybe someday she can tell me about school stuff if she realizes *I* am a TEACHER, but I doubt it. :)