Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One Month





Can you believe that my baby is one month old today? I can't. The first month has gone by quickly. We are so thankful that Elaina is part of our family. She is a great baby and growing fast. She likes to eat -- every 2 to 3 hours during the day and every 2 1/2 - 5 hours at night. I love the nights when I go to bed at 10 pm and don't see the clock again until 2 am. It doesn't happen every night but I appreciate it when it does.

Elaina is a pretty happy baby. She fusses at times but is pretty consolable. She seems to have some reflux (not sure it needs treated yet) so sometimes I think she is fussy because her stomach hurts. I sure seem to make babies that like to puke.

Elaina's eyes are still blue. Some of her hair has fallen out but I think she will keep most of it. We are not sure what color it will end up being because the hair on the top of her head is really dark brown but the hair on the side of her head is light brown/blond.

Erik loves Elaina. He wants to hold her, kiss her, share with her, etc. He has displayed almost no jealously so far and has made the transition from one to two kids easier for me.

We have had a lot of visitors this month -- Grandma Kay, Grandma Sandy, Aunt Sonja and Hanna, Grandpa B and Grandma Kay. Phew! We are lucky to have such a supportive family.

We are also thankful for such a supportive neighborhood. They set up a neighborhood meal schedule -- people drop food off for us 2 -3 days a week for 4 weeks. Amazing!

I recovered much quicker from delivery this time and was back at a normal pace within 10 days or so. I am finding it harder to get the rest of the weight/abdominal flab off this time though even though I have spent a lot of time at the gym. I am just now starting to be able to wear my old shorts. Hopefully, the rest of the weight will come off in the next few weeks. We will see.

I am so thankful to be mommy of two wonderful kids and look forward to watching them grow!

No comments: