Thursday, July 30, 2009

My All Star

I am so proud of Erik! I started potty training him on Sunday and he has done really well. He still wears diapers all day but I have had him sit on the potty about 3 times a day. He has been peeing and pooping in the potty chair without any problems!!

This is not a quick process however. He often sits and plays or listens to stories for 30-60 minutes at a time. I would be fine if he got up sooner but he doesn't like to get off of the potty chair until he has actually gone to the bathroom. So I spend a lot of time sitting on the floor reading stories to him on the potty chair.

I am so thankful that he has embraced this. I am going to work hard at it with him for a month - we don't have a lot of things happening in August so I think it is a good opportunity. If it is still a work in progress I may focus on it less when he starts preschool in September. We will see! Wish me luck!

This is Erik style potty training. I find it quite humorous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he starts preschool at two?--liz