Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Big Boy

Erik is really growing fast. He is learning so much --- it is fun to watch.

Recently, he has started just babbling to himself when he gets up in the am and from naps. For the first 16 months of his life he started screaming the instant he woke up. I am enjoying this change -- it does make him seem older to me. Sometimes it seems like he doesn't want me to come get him out of bed. When I ask if he wants to get out sometimes he says NO loudly. If you try to take him out he throws a fit. I am trying to teach him to yell, "Mommy" when he wants me to come get him but he doesn't have the hang of this yet.

He also seems to want to go to bed when he is tired. Tonight, after reading a story I asked if he wanted to go to bed. He nodded his head yes -- so I have him a hug and kiss, tucked him in bed with a cow under each arm and left the room. Not a peep out of him. 6 months ago I would have thought that was a miracle.

Another change in Erik is that he loves to climb, everything! Yesterday I left him in his room while I went to the bathroom. While in there I heard a loud thud followed by screaming. I ran back into his room and found him hanging by his ankles from his crib. Apparently, he was trying to climb into his crib. He must of slipped when he reached the top and fell straight back. His back was on the floor but his butt was suspended in the air because his legs were stuck in between the crib rails. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt. Pretty funny. I thought about taking a picture before rescuing him but decided that wasn't the best mom move so you will just have to picture what he looked like in your head.

I have had a crummy cold all week -- thanks Victor and Erik for passing it to me -- so it's an early night for me. Good night!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

I totally know what you mean about wanting to take a picture, but it not being the right move. Sometimes something is just so funny, you wish you could capture it on camera, but wonder is CPS might be called if you do.